Do you want to prepare Chicken Tikka Masala ?
Chicken tikka masala is a recipe that contains chunks of chicken tikka (marinated chicken), in a spicy curried sauce.
This popular Indian dish has originated in the Punjab region. Also this a very famous Pakistan recipe too. Chicken tikka masala is also very popular among the United Kingdom’s most delicious dishes.
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA Recipe
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Chicken(Breast pieces) – 450 gms
Yogurt – 4 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Kashmiri chili – 1tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Onion paste – 1 cup
Oil – 5 tbsp
Tomato puree – 1 cup (grind Tomato with water)
Crushed cardamom – 3-4
Cashew paste – ½ cup (8-10)
Water – 1 cup
Fresh cream – 1 cup
Garam masala – 1 tbsp
Kasthoori methi – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves ( chopped) – 1 tbsp
- Take a bowl add yogurt, ginger garlic paste, add few drops of red color (optional), turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, lime juice, and salt. Mix everything well.
- Add the skinless chicken breast pieces to the paste and mix well.
- Cover it and allow resting for minimum 2 hours in the fridge or overnight.
- Heat a pan, add 2 tbsp of oil, onion paste, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder and stir it well.
- When the onion turns brown color add 1 cup of tomato puree and stir well. Then add cardamom powder, kashmiri chili powder and stir well. Once it cooked add the cashew paste made from 8-10 cashews and stir well. Once the curry thickens, add 1 cup water to it. Then cover it and let it cook on medium flame.
- Start the marinated chicken pieces to the soaked skewers and place it on aluminum foil which is greased with oil. Place it in the grill oven preheated to 200 degrees (400-degree f).
- To the above curry add cream, yogurt, garam masala, kasthoori methi and stir well. Add salt per taste and 1 cup water if the curry is too thick. Stir well and bring the curry to a boil.
- Take the chicken out of the skewers one by one. Add it to the gravy with chopped coriander leaves and mix it well. Serve with naan, steamed rice, and a salad of your choice.