How to prepare Butter Chicken in a restaurant style?
A delicious butter chicken is one of the life’s greatest pleasures. And it is one of the most popular North Indian non-vegetarian dishes. Also, it is very easy to cook quickly from your home in both restaurant style and traditional style.
A mixture of Indian spices, tomatoes, yogurt, and butter will make butter chicken a mild yet flavourful curry.
It may seem like a lot, but it’s an incredibly easy dish to prepare and all the ingredients are readily available at most grocery stores.
BUTTER CHICKEN (Traditional & Restaurant Style)
Yogurt – ½ cup
Chicken – 250 gm
Oil – for frying
Tomato – 3 medium
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
Butter – 3tbsp
Cashew nuts – 8
Coriander leaves – 1tbsp chopped
Green chili – 1-2
Fresh cream – 3tbsp
Chili powder – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
Kasturi methi powder – ½ tsp (restaurant style)
Garam masala – ¼ tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Yoghurt – 3 tbsp
Lime juice – 1tbsp
Chilly powder – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala – 2 pinch
Salt – to taste
- Take a bowl and add garam masala, chili powder, cumin powder, curd, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste and salt. Then mix all these ingredients well.
- Then add the chicken pieces and marinate. Keep it in a refrigerator for minimum 20 minutes.
- Heat the pan, add butter and roast the cashew nuts then add onion & sauté until translucent.
- To this add ginger garlic paste, chili powder, cardamom powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala and tomatoes. Let this get cooked in a covered pan.
- When it cooked, allow to cool and then grind this mix to fine puree by adding enough normal water.
- Take another pan, pour oil and heat it. To this add full quantity marinated chicken and fry till 3/4th is cooked.
- Then heat another pan add butter, green chili and sauté it well. Then to this add above puree and cook for 15 minutes in medium flame till its raw smell goes.
- After that add crushed kasthuri methi (if you are looking for restaurant style), sugar, boiled water and cook for few minutes. Now add fried chicken pieces and cook another 15 minutes. Check the salt.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Tasty traditional butter chicken is ready to serve.